Friday, 9 November 2012

Making a Family out of Strangers

So I went to a concert yesterday. Twin Atlantic, who were a lot better than I thought they'd be, even if I had to stand through Charlie Simpson (that bloke from McFly. Or Busted. It was a joke last night but now I actually can't remember which one he's from). These aren't just thoughts on this gig, but every gig I've ever been to.

I passed a church saying "Jesus makes a family out of strangers". I don't believe that: Jesus is not a shared experience.

The bass in your ribcage, the numbness in your ears. The random jokes, conversations, embraces, with people you will never see again. The euphoria, the arm waving, everyone in sync. The expanding circle of the pit, the almost sickening jump into it, with elbows out.

That is a shared experience. That is a family out of strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment